Bohyeon-san(mountain) Astronomical Observatory
Bohyeon-san (mountain) Astronomical Observatory, one of the 3 largest astronomical observatories in Korea, is located at the top of Bohyeon-san.
It is used to observe movements and changes of celestial bodies and creation and evolution of the universe.
Bohyeon-san (mountain) Astronomical Observatory is also good place for the youth to visit since it can not only provide the panoramic view of Bohyeon-san ridges but also give chance to observe a night sky.
- Day time : April~October(the 4th Saturday every month,14:00~16:00)
- Night time : One time a year(14:00~23:00)
- Events : lecture on Astronomy & a study tour to facilities of astronomical observatory
- Open from Tuesday through Sunday(Closed for Monday)
- Summer time : 10:00~17:00
- Winter time : 10:00~16:00
- Information : 054)330-1038
Take a national highway #35 in Yeongcheon city and go to Cheongsong direction(north) for 20km -> Jacheon-maeul -> Checkpoint for overloaded vehicles -> Take right in front of the milestone of Astronomical Observatory -> Ogkye-gyo(bridge) -> Jeonggak church -> Take left at Jeonggak 3-way crossing and go for 9km
Public Transportation(Mountain climbing)
Take a seat bus at Yeongcheon Inter-city bus terminal ¡æ Get off at Jeonggak(Jeonggak-ri 3-way crossing) -> Go on foot
※ It will take about 3hours(9.3km) if you take road and it will take one and half hours if you take climbing passes.