- homapage : http://www.kaifeng.gov.cn
- Area : 6,444km2
- Population : 4,610,000
- Administrative districts : 5 Hyeon, 5 Gu
- Average temperature : 14.2 ~ 14.5oC
- Average precipitation : 670mm
- Location : The east longitude 113 ~ 115o, The north latitude 34 ~ 35o
- Main tourist attractions : Songdo-geori(street), Sanggook-sa(temple), Pogong-sa(temple), Yongjeong-gongwon(park), Cheongmyeongsanghado, Gaebongsa-tap(pagoda), etc.
Henan-seong Details of sisterhood relationship
Water resources are abundant as it is situated near the Hwang Ho (the yellow River) to the north and the contained quantity of petroleum natural gas is also rich.
Industrial base is relatively strong with 1970 manufacturing companies.
There are about 100,000 services businesses and around 300 markets. Overseas trade is also active.
It is conveniently situated since it is located at the center of China. And it is 50km from Jeongjoo Airport.
Education & Culture
There are 3 universities and it has variety of traditional culture.
It is the important economic agricultural products base not only to Henan-seong but also to China thanks to excellent geographical location and natural environment.
It has plentiful of cultural relics and tourist attractions since it was the Capital of Wie, Yang, Buksong and Geum Dynasty and is the one of 7 famous ancient cities.
- 2000.12 : Request for recommending cities for interchange and cooperation and receipt of 4 applicant cities
- 2001. 1 : KaiFeng city was chosen as the city for interchange and cooperation and related paper work for requesting interchange and cooperation was sent
- 2001. 2 : Receipt of the written consent of interchange and cooperation from KaiFeng city
- 2001.10 : The letter of intent for friendly interchange and economic cooperation was singed between two cities
- 2003. 9 : Yeongcheon city assembly approved the sisterhood relationship between two cities
- 2005. 6 : Signing of sisterhood relationship (Delegation from Yeongcheon city paid a visit to KaiFeng city, China)