- homapage : http://www.city.kuroishi.aomori.jp/
- Location : 11-1, 1-Jeong Daejasi Kuroishi city, Aomori-hyeon
- Area : 216.96km2
- Population : Around 40,000
- Characteristics : Key point of traffic full of hot springs with semi-oceanic climate
- Main industry : Fruit tree growing (Aomori apple)
- Educational institutions : Kindergarten 3, Elementary School 13, Middle School 5, High School 2, Nursery School 1
- Culture Leisure : Main cultural assets designated by a nation 1, Cultural asset designated by Aomori-hyeon 6, Cultural assets designated by the city 28, Komise Shopping street
- Major facilities : Group of hot springs such as Aoni, Nuryuyu, Ochiai hot springs all of which are situated in pollution free area
Details of sisterhood relationship
- 1979. 5 : Sisterhood relationship between Kuroishi city's Lions Club and Yeongcheon city Lions Club
- 1984. 2 : Representatives of both cities' Lions Club mediate sisterhood relationship between two cities
- 1984. 5 : Notification of Yeongcheon city's approval of sisterhood relationship
- 1984. 8 : Signing of sisterhood relationship through the visit of the mayor of Yeongcheon city to Kuroishi city (1984. 8. 17)
Outcome of sisterhood relationship
- Cross dispatch of civil servants of both cities
- Yeongcheon city has been dispatching its staffs to Kuroishi city and let them pay a visit of inspection to advanced personnel, welfare, environment, construction system since 1999. Kuroishi city has also been dispatching its personnel to Yeongcheon city every other year since 2000.
- Friendship delegation visits
- 180 people including the mayor of Kuroishi city paid a visit to Yeongcheon city and performed Yosare, Japanese traditional folk dance, for the citizens of Yeongcheon city in 1997. And both cities have been exchanging friendship delegation when there are festivals to strengthen friendship and to improve understanding by exchanging ideas.
- Culture and Arts Exchanges
- Both cities held a total of 9 Art and Science Expos for Middle School students from 1986 to 1994. And both cities agreed to hold Exchange Exhibition in 2001 in order to resume interchanges which were discontinued for a time being. But this agreement did hold because of the issue of Japanese History book distortion.
- Sports Exchanges
- Two cities promised to reinvigorate sports exchanges with the Yeongcheon city's friendship delegation's visit to Kuroishi city in 2001. And Yeongcheon city's fencing team had a friendly match with the team from Kuroishi city's fencing association. Both cities plan to hold friendly match between two cities' fencing association every other year from 2003.