There are remains which indicate human inhabited here in Yeongcheon, the source of Geumho-gang(river)
Three Han Kingdom period
The tribal state called Golbeolsoguk was formed.
Silla Dynasty period
After Aeumbu-wang(king) of Golbelsoguk surrendered to King of Silla, Joboon-Yisageum(ancient name of King) in 236 A.D., Yeongcheon and Sinnyeong provinces became Jeolyahwa-gun(administrative district) and Sajeonghwa-hyeon(administrative district) respectively. Then Jeolyahwa-gun and Sajeonghwa-hyeon were renamed Imgo-gun in the 16th year of Gyeongdeok-wang of Silla (757 A.D.). And Imgo-gun was renamed Gowul-bu in the second year of Gyeongae-wang (925 A.D.), which was later to be renamed Dodong-hyeon, Yimcheon-myeon, Yiji-hyeon.
Goryo Dynasty period
At the early year of Goryo Dynasty, Yeongju-gun was formed by merging Dodong-hyeon and Yimcheon-myeon. And in the 14th year of King Seongjong of Goryo Dynasty, 'Jasa (later Jijusa in 1388)', the highest ranking government official at Gun-level was dispatched to govern Yeongju-gun. Sinnyeong-hyeon was restored at the time of King Gongmin.
Joseon Dynasty period
Yeongju-gun during Goryeo Dynasty was renamed Yeongcheon-gun in 1413(13th year of King Taejong), governed by 'Jigunsa (the magistrate of a county) and Gunsu (the magistrate of a county) in the 12th year of King Sejo (1467). Sinnyeong-hyeon was annexed to Yeongcheon-gun in the third year of King Yeonsangun, which was later restored in the 9th year of King Yeonsangun. Yeongcheon-gun was downgraded to Yeongcheon-hyeon due to the treason plot by military officers in 1522, which was later restored to Yeongcheon-gun in 1533.
In a mobile environment, you can move left and right to view the content (table).
|1894. 8||Called Yeongcheon-gun, Gyeongsang-do when 8-Do administrative district system was in place|
|1896.8.4||Became Yeongcheon-gun, Geyongsangbuk-do according to the implementation of 13-Do administrative district system upon the proclamation of the royal order of # 36 in Aug 4th 1896.|
|1914.3.1||Integrated into Sinnyeong-gun according to abolition and amalgamation measure of administrative districts of Bu, Gun and Myeon upon the proclamation of the ministerial ordinance of # 111 in Dec 29th 1913. Parts of Shinchon-myeon, Jogok-myeon and Hwadong-myeon were integrated and renamed Hwabuk-myeon and Gochon-myeon and Cheongkyeong-myeon were renamed Gokyeong-myeon.|
|1937.7.1||Yeongcheon-eub was promoted to Yeongcheon-myeon (1 Eub 10 Myeon)|
|1971.6.1||Hwabuk-myeon Samchang branch office was established according to a county ordinance #194 proclaimed in June 2nd 1971|
|1973.7.1||Geumho-myeon was promoted to Geumho-eub according to the executive order # 6543 proclaimed March 12th 1973(2 Eub 9 Myeon)|
|1979.5.1||3 branch offices(East, South, North offices) of Yeongcheon-eub were established according to the county ordinance #567 proclaimed in April 30th 1979|
|1981.7.1||Yeongcheon-eub was promoted to Yeongcheon city according to law #3425 proclaimed in April 13th 1981 (9 Dong)|
|1983.2.15||Geumho-eub Donam-dong, Cheongtong-myeon Ohsu, Ssanggye-dong, Hwasan-myeon Maesan-dong were incorporated into Yeongcheon city according to the executive order #11027 proclaimed in Jan 10th 1983 - The jurisdictions of administrative districts were changed by integrating Donam-dong, Ssanggye-dong and Maesan-dong into Bojak-dong, Gyo-dong and Myeongsan-dong respectively according to city ordinance #197 proclaimed in Feb 8th 1983|
|1984.8.30||City hall moved to 24, Munwe-dong from 1056-3, Wansan-dong according to city ordinance #281 proclaimed in Aug 30th 1984|
|1986.4.1||Samchang branch office of Hwabuk-myeon was promoted to Hwanam-myeon by incorporating Hwasan-myeon Guiho-dong according to the executive order #11874 proclaimed in March 27th 1986.3.27(1 Eub 10 Myeon)|
|1987.1.1||Yimgo-myeon Eonha and Singi-dong, parts of Cheongtong-myeon Jukjeong-dong, and Wachon-myeon Gyedang-dong Gyeongsan city were incorporated into Yeongcheon city, Wachon-myeon Gyeongsan city and Geumho-eub respectively according to the executive order #12007 proclaimed in Dec 23rd 1986-Parts of Gyedang-dong was integrated into Geumho-eub Deokseong-dong according to the county ordinance #959 proclaimed in Dec 31st 1986 - Jurisdiction over Eonha-dong and shingi-dong was transferred to Dongbu-dong according to city ordinance #364 proclaimed in Dec 31st 1986|
|1988.1.1||Geumho-eub Deokseong-dong and Jayang-myeon Choonghyo2-dong were split into Deokseong1-dong, Deokseong2-dong and Choonghyo2-dong, Choohyo3-dong respectively according to the county ordinance #1042 proclaimed in Jan 1st 1988|
|1988.5.3||Administrative sub-unit 'Dong' was renamed 'Ri' according to the county ordinance #1046 proclaimed in May 3rd 1988|
|1988.5.30||The address of City hall changed to 27 Munwe-dong according to the city ordinance #437 proclaimed in May 30th 1988|
|1989.1.1||Cheongtong-myeon Seosan-ri was incorporated into Yeongcheon city according to the executive order #12557 proclaimed in Dec 22nd 1988- Jurisdiction over Seosan-ri was transferred to Daejeon-dong according to the city ordinance #470 proclaimed in Dec 31st 1988- Hwabuk-myeon Yonggye and Wolgok-ri were incorporated into Hwanam-myon according to the county ordinance #1092 proclaimed in Dec 31st 1988|
|1995.1.1||Yeongcheon city and Yeongcheon-gun were integrated to become Yeongcheon city according to the law #4774(Law on establishing 33 complex cities including Namyangju city, Gyeonggi-do with features of both urban and rural areas) proclaimed in Aug 4th 1994 (1 Eub 10 Myeon 9 Dong)|
|1998.10.20||Gyo-dong and Daejeon and Seosan of Daejeon-dong were integrated to become Seobu-dong, Myeongsan-dong and Ohmi of Daejeon-dong were incorporated into Jungang-dong and Junam-dong, Bongjak-dong and Yeongdo-dong were integrated to become Nambu-dong according to Yeongcheon city ordinance #211 proclaimed in Oct 2nd 1998 (1 Eub 10 Myeon 5 Dong)|